[SciPy-dev] Hi Eric

Lytle, Robert TQO rlytle at tqs.com
Tue Mar 26 17:25:03 CST 2002

The stdc++ thing doesn't bother me as much as the large array problem.  I
use blitz() three times for enclosing the field update equations in FDTD.
Typically the compile uses up 200Meg ram and 200Meg swap, so its pretty
slow.  But afterwards it runs like a bat out of hell.  But when I upped the
matrix size it suddenly needed more memory for the compile, and crashed.
Without blitz() this project consumes 400MB, since it has many other
matrices for the UPML.

Now here at work, I have a 1.8Ghz P4 with 768MB ram.  I tried out blitz()
with MingW and I get stack overflows.  Unlike gcc, it can't handle such
large compiles.

Rob.