[SciPy-dev] Exact calculation

Robert Kern kern at caltech.edu
Fri Nov 1 14:42:24 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 06:16:21AM -0800, A.J. Rossini wrote:

>     robert> By default, a work is copyrighted regardless of whether
>     robert> that copyright is expressed or claimed. I don't see
>
> I know this holds trus in the US, but does it hold true in Europe as
> well?

My reading of
http://www.unesco.org/culture/copy/copyright/netherlands/netherlands.html
suggests that it holds true in the Netherlands. The law lists several,
specific instances where other individuals may copy a work, e.g. use by
public officials and teachers, unless copyright is explicitly reserved.
I believe other uses are still prohibited.

--
Robert Kern
Ruddock House President
kern at caltech.edu