[SciPy-dev] Building/distributing SciPy

Francesc Alted falted at openlc.org
Tue Nov 19 04:10:23 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:03:09AM +0200, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> Questions: Do we need a tarball, say
>    SciPy_all-0.2.0_alpha_150.4447.tar.gz,
> that contains all modules including scipy_core, f2py2e, scipy, weave,
> chaco, etc.? Will that simplify building SciPy for Windows platforms?

For Windows I don't know, but for Debian (and may be also for RPM)
definitely yes, IMO. In Debian it is quite tipical to derive multiple binary
packages from only one tar source. That way, you can group Debian scripts
better, avoid redundances and improve maintenance.

You are doing a very good job organizing scipy sources; this task may seem
quite tough but it is very important to spread scipy. Go ahead.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Alted                            PGP KeyID:      0x61C8C11F
Scientific aplications developer