[SciPy-dev] Re: error: /tmp/__dummy.f: Permission denied

Berthold Höllmann bhoel at web.de
Fri Nov 22 15:20:19 CST 2002

Nils Wagner <wagner.nils at vdi.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to build scipy via latest cvs.
> However python setup.py build failed
> using F2PY 2.23.190-1369
> running build_flib
> running find_fortran_compiler
> error: /tmp/__dummy.f: Permission denied

Somebody else ran f2py on that machine. Unfortunately f2py does not
clean up this temporary file when it checks for installed Fortran
compiler. I'd say it's a bug in f2py.

Greetings

Berthold
--
bhoel at web.de / http://starship.python.net/crew/bhoel/
        It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads