[SciPy-dev] Are we using the latest ODEPACK?

Robert Kern kern at caltech.edu
Tue Oct 1 12:28:17 CDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 05:26:14AM -0500, eric jones wrote:

[snip]

> Are we using this version of ODEPACK, or an older one?

The old one.

> If we're using
> an older one, do you think we should upgrade before trying to release
> 0.2.0?
> Will anyone volunteer to check into this and also what is involved with
> the upgrade (if needed).

I'm not an expert on the package, but it looks like the only routine
SciPy uses (LSODA) has only changed its name to DLSODA. The call
arguments appear to be the same. Ditto with error messages. Then all you
have to do is update the name __odrpack.h and fiddle with the  build
procedure.

--
Robert Kern
Ruddock House President