[SciPy-dev] ccache

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Oct 14 06:54:26 CDT 2002

On 14 Oct 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Report on Mandrake 8.2 (gcc-2.96 self-compiled python 2.2.1)
> Updated SciPy installation.
>
> Tests pass (although now I have to do weave.test() separately)
>
> I had to change wx_spec.py  in a couple of places.  First, I had to
> change the definition of wx_base (this should be in the system_info
> file).

At least under unices wx_base shouldn't be necessary. If wx-config is not
in the path then it means that wxPython was not installed (or
not properly at least) and wx support should be then disabled.

> Then, I had to change
>
> ldflags = get_wxconfig('ldflags')

> ldflags = get_wxconfig('ld')

Are you sure about this change? Here
  wx-config --ld
gives
  c++ -shared -o
and that shouldn't be suitable for extra_link_args.

Pearu