[SciPy-dev] Boost vs CXX and SCXX

Francesc Alted falted at openlc.org
Fri Sep 13 17:40:11 CDT 2002

After seeing this debate about interfaces between Python and C++, maybe you
want to have a look at Pyrex
(http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/).

I've been working for a while in a wrapper for HDF5 format in Python and I'm
using Pyrex. No worries about reference counts and allows you to use almost
Python syntax in the wrappers. Killer!.

Cheers,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 01:19:16PM -0700, Pat Miller wrote:
> SXX has the advantage (for weave) of having a _very_ small source
> footprint.  Again, this isn't looking to interface general C++
> classes, but rather to avoid reference count issues.
>
> Pat
>
> --
> Patrick Miller | (925) 423-0309 |
> http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/people/pmiller
>
> All the world's a stage, / And the men and women merely players: / They
> have their exits and their entrances; / And one man in his time plays
> many parts.  -- William Shakespeare

Francesc Alted                            PGP KeyID:      0x61C8C11F
OpenLC microkernel benchmarking project: http://www.openlc.org
Public PGP key available: http://www.openlc.org/falted_at_openlc.asc
Key fingerprint = 1518 38FE 3A3D 8BE8 24A0  3E5B 1328 32CC 61C8 C11F