[SciPy-dev] Installing chaco

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Sep 20 02:18:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, eric jones wrote:

> Dave was working through distutils stuff with this today.  It was
> non-trivial to get it to include scipy_base in the distribution, and I
> think he ended up requiring a specific directory structure.

I don't know what these problems would have been but in f2py I just grab
scipy_distutils directly from CVS when building distribution. See f2py
setup.py file for details.

> One of the problems was getting distutils to pick up the fastumath_*.inc
> files.  Could we rename these to .c files?  Then distutils would handle
> them automatically.

Hmm, did you try to use MANIFEST.in? Sometimes when adding new
(non standard) files to it, you need to remove the generated MANIFEST
before hitting 'setup.py sdist'

Pearu