[SciPy-dev] SPAM in scipy-dev

Eric Jones eric at enthought.com
Mon Apr 28 02:28:20 CDT 2003

I'm getting annoid by the spam also.

Joe, How hard is it to set up spam-assasin?  I like this approach much better than limiting the people who can post.  Also how effective is it?  I don't mind a few post getting through occasionally, so perfection isn't needed -- we just need to decrease it from its current annoying level.

Hmm. Since spam-bayes is already installed on our machines, perhaps we could use it.  Do we have enough spam on the list to create an effective spam training corpus?

Please try which ever approach above you think best.

Either approach above we'll need some volunteer reviewers to check the messages flagged as spam.  Any takers?

Joe, please provide the responding volunteers with the needed credentials.

As far as limiting postings to members, there were a lot of problems with this -- mainly from people who are subscribed, but using a different email when posting.  I consider this a last resort.

eric

Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in> wrote ..