[SciPy-dev] complex-valued remez

Chuck Harris Chuck.Harris at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Feb 5 15:08:22 CST 2003

Depends...

I used the code I posted to design complex-hermitean filters,
i.e., the filter coefficients were complex but the transfer
function was real and arbitrary from zero the sampling frequency.
The Remez code in sigtools will design filters whose transfer
functions are symmetric or antisymmetric about the Nyquist frequency.

The Remez code I posted can be made considerably more efficient for
the special case of filter design. It was made for the general case.

Chuck