[SciPy-dev] Python 2.2.3 for Windows (Enthought Edition)

David C. Morrill dmorrill at enthought.com
Fri Jun 13 19:07:55 CDT 2003

Enthought, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of Python 2.2.3 for
Windows (Enthought Edition) at:

http://www.enthought.com/python

Python 2.2.3 for Windows (Enthought Edition) is an easily installed and
freely downloadable Python distribution incorporating many of the packages
that we find useful in our Python programming endeavors:

- wxPython 2.4.0.7
- PIL 1.1.4
- VTK 4.2.2
- Numeric 23.0
- SciPy 0.2
- Chaco 0.1.0
- Traits 1.0.2
- PyCrust 0.7.2

Many of these packages should be familiar, if not near and dear, to most of
the subscribers to this list :-) We are hoping that people will find this a
convenient bundling of many useful Python packages, and we hope to increase
both the number of platforms supported as well as the scope of the
distribution's content as time goes on.

This distribution is in its infancy, and most likely will suffer through a
number of growing pains. We're hoping that many of you who might have been
looking for an easier way to get many of your favorite (though sometimes
difficult to install) Python packages in one convenient distro will give it
a try.

We're looking forward to hearing what you think, both here on the mailing
lists and through the bug tracker we've set up to track any suggestions or
problems you might have (the bug tracker link is on the web page referenced
above).

Regards,
the Python guys at Enthought