[SciPy-dev] gui_thread and wxPython events

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Mar 5 23:03:22 CST 2003

Question on architecture,

Say you are trying to do plotting from the command line using wxPython and gui_thread.

How are the proxy classes available to the first thread (the command line) supposed to be able to receive events from the second thread (wxPython) such as what happens when the window gets closed by the user.

Right now, this is not working at least on Linux as I've described before --- if it works on Windows, I'd like to know why because it doesn't seem like it should there either.

I noticed there is something called a PushEventHandler but I don't know what it is doing.

Any words of advice.  I'd like to start making the plotting routines more capable by building on chaco.

-Travis O.

--
Travis Oliphant
Assistant Professor