[SciPy-dev] xplt, drawing-time...

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Mar 12 13:10:39 CST 2003

Johannes Broedel wrote:

> Hi, I just tried xplt, it works fine on both, teh Linux and the
> Windows-Machine.
> I want to show dynamic processes, e.g. computing 1000 data points to
> be shown not all at the same time - they should appear one after the
> other. At the moment xplt seems to collect the points and to draw them
> finally. Does anyone know a solution for that?
> Thanks in advance, Johannes Broedel

The lower level gist library  which xplt is built on could be used here.
 xplt only captures a few of the capabilities of gist.

There is help for the functions if you do for example

help(xplt.gist)

pydoc will show you all of the functions defined in gist (which are also
available as xplt.XXXXX)

Give me an example of what you want to do, and I can probably do it.

-Travis O.