[SciPy-dev] scipy after CVS changes ...

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sat Mar 15 09:36:24 CST 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 baecker at physik.tu-dresden.de wrote:

> 1.) trying chaco as well:
>
>     I tried to uncomment the line (in setup.py) to install chaco
>     #scipy_packages += chaco_packages
>     and got as error:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "setup.py", line 107, in ?
>         setup_package()
>       File "setup.py", line 82, in setup_package
>     config_list += map(get_package_config,scipy_packages)
>       File "setup.py", line 63, in get_package_config
>         mod = __import__('setup_'+os.path.basename(name))
>     ImportError: No module named setup_freetype

setup_freetype.py needs to be implemented.

> 2.) Question: is there a log-file of the installation process ?
>     (this might help to trace errors etc.)

Nope. Python 2.3 distutils has logging support that we can start using in
future. I am not sure how much effort is needed to get logging support to
earlier versions of Python distutils (that is, solely in the frames of
scipy_distutils). Until then pipes and tee can be used for creating
log-files of the installation process.

> 3.) Finally, I have a few cosmetic remarks on INSTALL.txt:

  Thanks for your remarks. They are now in CVS.

Pearu