[SciPy-dev] Using zeros(..,typecode=Float) issue

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Wed May 14 15:38:39 CDT 2003

Hi,

Recently a scipy user reported that scipy won't
build with Numeric 21.x anymore because e.g. kiva uses

  zeros(..,typecode=Float)

in a number of places. It turns out that such usage
of `typecode` keyword is valid only in Numeric 22.x.

To restore Numeric 21.x support I suggest using

  zeros(..,Float)

instead. If there are no objection for this usage, I'll
commit appropiate changes to CVS.

Note also that `zeros` in Numarray has signature

  zeros(shape, type)

meaning that `zeros(..,typecode=Float)` won't work
with Numarray either.

What do you think?

Pearu