[SciPy-dev] ImportError: Bad magic number in Lib_chaco/freetype/build_ft.pyc

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu May 15 06:10:47 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I have installed two different versions of python on my computer
(/usr/local/bin/; /usr/bin/python).

When I try to build scipy with /usr/bin/python, I get the following
message

wagner at lisa:~/cvs/scipy> /usr/bin/python setup.py build
### Little Endian detected ####
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 111, in ?
    setup_package()
  File "setup.py", line 90, in setup_package
    config_list += map(get_separate_package_config,separate_packages)
  File "setup.py", line 74, in get_separate_package_config
    return get_package_config(name,'')
  File "setup.py", line 68, in get_package_config
    config = mod.configuration(parent)
  File "Lib_chaco/freetype/setup_freetype.py", line 20, in configuration
    import build_ft
ImportError: Bad magic number in Lib_chaco/freetype/build_ft.pyc
wagner at lisa:~/cvs/scipy>

Any idea ?

Nils