[SciPy-dev] Saving plots

Martin Kuemmel mkuemmel at eso.org
Thu Oct 2 02:32:35 CDT 2003

Hi everybody!

I am working since  a month now with python,
and I have to say that I am impressed about its
capabilities. Now I encountered a problem, and
hope there will be a solution in scientific
python. I have to make plots in a noninteractive
way, and I have to store them in a html-compatible
format like gif, or jpeg, or png or whatsever.
The help of the plotting package says that
plots can be saved, but the format is not
specified. So, is the a way to get gif's, jpg'or
similar??

Yours,

Martin