[SciPy-dev] build scipy on freebsd

Ying-Chieh Liao ijliao at csie.nctu.edu.tw
Tue Oct 28 00:20:07 CST 2003

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:03:52 -0600, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:
> > I'm trying to make a port for scipy,
> Great!
> But you should certainly use the CVS version of scipy for that
> as recent changes in CVS have made packaging scipy much easier.
> See also PACKAGERS.txt (that I'll soon update again).

too bad ... do you have any release plan recently ? :)

> That is weird as acosh is defined in fastumath_unsigned.inc.
> Try using -UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC.
> Let us know if it works or you found another solution for freebsd.

ok I'll try it

> > btw, I've installed djbfft (in /usr/local/{include/lib})
> > but scipy cannot detect it...
> You have to follow installation instructions in
>   http://cr.yp.to/djbfft/install.html
> Yes, they are a bit braindead but "fixing" djbfft installation process
> is not so simple.

hmmm...

In the FreeBSD ports system, djbfft is installed into
/usr/local/include/djbfft/*.h
/usr/local/lib/libdjbfft.a

how can I adjust scipy source (or configure) to find it ?
--
Allocate four digits for the year part of a date : a new millennium is coming.
					--- David Huber