[SciPy-dev] build scipy on freebsd

Ying-Chieh Liao ijliao at csie.nctu.edu.tw
Tue Oct 28 00:51:24 CST 2003

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:47:18 -0600, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:
> > > Great!
> > > But you should certainly use the CVS version of scipy for that
> > > as recent changes in CVS have made packaging scipy much easier.
> > > See also PACKAGERS.txt (that I'll soon update again).
> > too bad ... do you have any release plan recently ? :)
> If you are interested in freebsd binary port then you are probably
> on your own as, if I am not mistaken, no scipy developer uses freebsd.
> But getting scipy from CVS is not so complicated. See
>   http://www.scipy.org/site_content/tutorials/CVSInstruct
> I guess that freebsd has cvs software installed.

yeah, FreeBSD uses cvs, too

but I want to build a "port", something like rpm/srpm
so that every FreeBSD user around the world can use this package by simply
a "pkg_add" or "make install"

that's why I need a source tarball instead of cvs checkout :)

> when building scipy but unfortunately this will not work as
> scipy_distutils/system_info.py is still looking for a file
> djbfft.a (not libdjbfft.a). You can try fixing this in system_info.py
> yourself, I'll later fix it also in CVS.

hmmm... ok
--
Allocate four digits for the year part of a date : a new millennium is coming.
					--- David Huber