[SciPy-dev] Formal Review Process

Robert Kern kern at vomit.ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 23 15:03:32 CDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 10:41:25PM +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> Hi Robert,

>     RK> At both SciPy conferences, Eric emphasized the need for a
>     RK> peer-review process for potential contributions to SciPy. I
>     RK> recalled that the Boost community established a formal review
>     RK> process for contributions to their set of libraries, and it
>     RK> seems to work well for them. I got bored of writing a history
>     RK> paper, so I looked at their process and wrote up a proposal
>     RK> for SciPy (liberally using parts of the Boost documents where
>     RK> noted).
>
> Nice!  Just one suggestion.  You probably need to mention that the
> code must be released under the BSD licence in order to be considered.
> I guess the MIT and the Python license are also fine but I don't know
> what exactly the official stance of the SciPy community is on this.

To address this issue and other requirements placed on new modules, I
have written up a SciPy Development Guide. Since I made most of it up
myself, I'm waiting for Eric to review it before I release it into the
wild. The Guide will be included by reference in the review process
document.

--
Robert Kern
kern at ugcs.caltech.edu

"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
                   -- Richard Harter