[SciPy-dev] failure importing real from Numeric in io.array_import

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Sep 25 02:03:34 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, eric jones wrote:

>     from Numeric import array, take, concatenate, Float, asarray, real, imag
> ImportError: cannot import name real
>
> Changing this to
>
> from scipy_base import real, imag
>
> fixed the problems.
>
> I'm using Numeric 23.1.  Should I be using the Numeric CVS, or should we
> change the import statement?

We should change the import statement if we want to support Numeric
starting from 21.0.

In fact, transformation Numeric->numarray would be easier when using
scipy_base in scipy modules. The only possible drawback that I can see
(and live with) is that running tests in situ would require that
scipy_base must be installed.

Pearu