[SciPy-dev] Scheduled release

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Sep 26 01:35:16 CDT 2003

Robert Kern wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 12:50:36PM -0600, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>
>>The release of scipy is coming along, but I think we need to postpone
>>the release until Tuesday as I have found some bugs in special that need
>>addressing.
>>
>>Comments?
>

> I haven't been tracking CVS for the past week, but the last time I checked,
> there were some errors in stats/distributions.py . Specifically, triang.stats
> gives the same mean regardless of the loc parameter (the others may be wrong,
> too); uniform.ppf(x,...) for x == 0 or 1 gives 0 or 1 respectively despite the
> loc and shape parameters, and x in between give the right values. These bugs may
> or may not generalize to other distributions.

Thanks Robert.

The first bug was probably due to the incorrect formula for the mean of
the triangular distribution.  That has been fixed (it should change with
different loc and scale parameters).

The second ppf bug affected all distributions (it was in the base
class).  Thanks for finding it.  It has been corrected.

-Travis O.