[SciPy-dev] SPHEREPACK module

Jeff Whitaker jswhit at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 17 07:32:10 CDT 2004

Hi:

I've written a python wrapper for NCAR's SPHEREPACK library for spherical
harmonic computations, using f2py.  The module is available at
ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Public/jsw/spharm.tgz, with documentation online at
ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Public/jsw/spharm/doc/html/index.html.

I'd be happy if it could be included in SciPy, but I'm afraid the
SPHEREPACK license might prevent that.  The SPHEREPACK source code is
freely available, but the license appears to forbid redistributing it
(http://www.scd.ucar.edu/css/software/spherepack/sp.form.html).

f2py never ceases to amaze me - thanks Pearu!

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/CDC1        FAX   : (303)497-6449