[SciPy-dev] releasing scipy..

Travis N. Vaught travis at enthought.com
Mon Apr 19 07:48:27 CDT 2004

Pearu Peterson wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>>Does this need to go into 0.3 (i.e. rebuild the binaries to include it)?
>>>
>>>It seems our 'tagging' is a bit shaky at this point.
>>>
>>>Travis
>>>

>>It's not critical.  Some shared libraries were just installed into the
>>site-packages directory instead of underneath in scipy.  Shouldn't
>>affect any behavior.
>>
>>-Travis O.
>>

>I agree that there should not be any affect on the behaviour, though it
>introduces mismatch in tagged CVS repository and released binary and
>source files. I just hope that nobody will notice that when using scipy
>and upgrading scipy in future (the ../site-packages/moduleTNC.so will be
>there foreever..).

I'll go ahead and checkout against the tag and rebuild the windows
binaries--that's a push-button operation.  Joe, what's the level of
effort for the RPM's?

>Anyway, I just tagged the CVS repository with tag v0_3_0. I have fixed
>several links in the new scipy.org (replaced .html->.txt where appropiate)
>and it looks like we are ready to send the release announcement out. Any
>takers for composing the announcement?

I'll give it a shot and possibly run it by you guys for review.

>Few issues:
>1) Need contents for
>  http://www.scipy.org/development/maintainers.html
>2) Top in scipy.org shows:
>
>  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
>  25930 zope    15   0  814M 218M  1664 S     0.0 34.7  66:42   0 python2.3
>
>that is zope is taking lots of memory. Could this explain why the site is
>so slow? Maybe restarting zope would free some memory?

Joe, we should make sure we're not in debug mode--not sure what else
could be causing it...I did a recent restart of the zope process when I
added the LocalFS tool.  As long as we're not in swap, the memory issue
shouldn't kill performance, should it?