[SciPy-dev] Correcting documentation on the site?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Apr 27 13:59:47 CDT 2004

Hi,

For a while, I've been meaning to edit the "Performance Python with
Weave" article and make corrections/modifications.

 http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave/weaveperformance.html

I haven't had the time to do it so far.  John Hunter just brought to
my notice that these links were broken:

 http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave/laplace.html

 http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave/laplace.tgz

I was wondering if it would be possible for members to edit the pages
(or atleast some of the pages) and fix them?  Ideally this is the job
for a Wiki.  However a lot of the content on the site is in the form
of regular non-editable articles and it is not possible for a member
to modify the article at all.  Its probably a lot easier if members
could be allowed to edit content.  Alternatively it would be nice if
some of the members could be allowed to edit certain sections.
Something like a group of users who can add/modify content if they
belong to the group.  The user can email the admin to get privileges
and the admin can effectively eliminate the possibility of any
vandalism by removing any offending users from the group.  Is this
possible with Plone?

Can something be done about this or is there an alternative?

Thanks!

regards,
prabhu