[SciPy-dev] Correcting documentation on the site?

Janet Swisher swisher at enthought.com
Tue Apr 27 17:40:58 CDT 2004

> Pearu Peterson wrote:
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>
> > Can something be done about this or is there an alternative?
>
> Actually I like the way how a similar issue was resolved for
> "Building
> SciPy on Mac OSX" document. That is, the non-editable area
> contains a link
> to a document in members scipy homepage. As a result, the authors can
> freely edit their contributions (I'll presume that scipy
> managers can also
> edit members documentations, e.g. fixing typos etc) without asking
> permissions for every small change..

The only problem was that the author of the Mac OSX document didn't have
edit access to the document once it was published. We need to find a way to
let authors fully control their documents, even after publication. If we can
make that change, I think this scheme will work fine.  It might eventually
get to be a headache to have documents spread all across member's pages, but
"too many contributions" would be a good problem to have.

Prabhu's document was a special case because it was migrated from the old
site, so he wasn't the person who created it on the new site. (And in the
migration rush, some pieces got left behind -- sorry about that.) That won't
be an issue for new documents going forward.

--Janet