[SciPy-dev] Correcting documentation on the site?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Apr 27 23:18:21 CDT 2004

    JC> Pearu Peterson wrote:
    >> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
    >>> For a while, I've been meaning to edit the "Performance Python
    >>> with Weave" article and make corrections/modifications.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave/weaveperformance.html
    >>

    >> I have added you to the list of managers (not sure if this is
    >> the correct role..) of this page. Try again to edit document.

    JC> I think we're all still trying to figure out how to give
    JC> members the rights they need to make improvements to the
    JC> site...  One of these days we'll probably get the Plone
    JC> workflow model figured out.  Prabhu, if you have trouble doing
    JC> what you need to do, let me know, and I'll see if I can get
    JC> you the permissions you need.

Great!  Thanks everyone for the help.  I am able to edit the page.
For now I've added new versions of the sources and updated the links
on the page.  I've tested the examples on my version of weave and it
works fine.

The only trouble is that weave has changed a bit since I wrote the
article and some of the syntax is wrong currently.  Editing that is
going to be a pain since right now its all HTML.  I'll need to
re-write it as structured text.  I'll get to that when I have some
time.  For now the links to the examples should work and the source
code itself will work correctly with the latest weave.

Eric, the Py::new_reference_to(...) is no longer valid.  The interface
for handling non-blitzed Numeric arrays has also changed.  The
existing weave docs use it and so do the current examples.  I believe
this has all changed quite a bit.  Any chance you can update the weave
docs?  If that is not possible can you atleast send in a small update
of what has changed and where.  I could try to update the docs next
month (after submission of the PhD).  I also need to mention that VTK
support is already there.  I have a few questions on that but I'll ask
them later.

cheers,
prabhu