[SciPy-dev] CVS scipy.test() segfaulting on me on a Fedora2 box

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Dec 22 01:07:34 CST 2004

Charles Harris wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> Am I missing something? I don't get scipy.lib when I install from cvs, so I
> am wondering if something has changed and I need to checkout scipy again?

I did a fresh checkout, b/c I recalled hearing about a discussion on a
directory reorg.  Since CVS sucks so badly with layout operations, I played it
safe and did a clean checkout.

> Anyway, scipy.linalg.lapack.flapack.cheev(a) runs fine here on Fedora Core
> 3, but I am using the blas libraries that came with the distro. Is Atlas to
> be preferred to blas?

ATLAS provides a tuned BLAS, optimized for your specific architecture.  The
functionality is the same as that in Fedora's generic BLAS, but the
performance is higher.

Cheers,