[SciPy-dev] CVS scipy.test() segfaulting on me on a Fedora2 box

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Dec 22 12:44:53 CST 2004

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> I have gcc version 3.4.4, 3.3.5 in my debian sid box and have no trouble
> at all with scipy tests when building against these compilers. I am using
> also debian ATLAS 3.6.0 that is built against g77 3.3.3 using -O
> optimization.

Mmh, weird.  Those seem to be the flags in the ATLAS binaries you shipped at
scipy.org.

> I'd suggest building scipy against Fortran BLAS/LAPACK libraries and see
> if the problem percist. For that, get blas and lapack sources from netlib,
> unpack them, and set up the following environment for building scipy:

As I said, I'll be soon updating these boxes to Fedora3, so I'd rather not
spend too much time on this right now (I'm pretty behind on other things as it
is :).

Many thanks for the feedback though.  At least I know I'm not the only one
having these problems.

Cheers,