[SciPy-dev] Problem with shared libraries

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Wed Jun 2 23:38:34 CDT 2004

Robert Kern wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:

>>I can't put the libs from the Atlas pack in /usr/local/lib, because this
>>directory is NFS-shared by several clients, all with different
>>architectures (Pentium-3, P-4 wihout HT, P-4 with HT, dual-P4, etc).  So
>>I want the Atlas library set provided by scipy to go into each client's
>>own /usr/lib, leaving /usr/local/lib for things which aren't so
>>cpu-sensitive as Atlas.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest a way out of this problem?
>

> How about /usr/lib/atlas ? That's how Debian does it.

Beautiful!  Many, many thanks.  I was afraid of putting them anywhere except
for straight /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib, because I thought the scipy build
process might not find them.  It turns out that the builder is smart enough to
find them there, and it all works perfectly.

You've saved me hours of frustration, I owe you one :)

Best,