[SciPy-dev] distutils, weave dependency of scipy/xplt/Mplot.py

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Mar 5 09:53:50 CST 2004

Pearu Peterson wrote:

>>A) weave dependency of scipy/xplt/Mplot.py
>>
>>   In scipy/xplt/Mplot.py the function _getdir()
>>   uses weave to get a directory that the user
>>   has write access to.
>>
>>   So commenting out the line
>>     weave = ppimport('weave');             _level_docs(weave)
>>   in scipy/__init__.py
>>   is not enough to remove any dependency on weave.
>>   Would it be possible to write a _getdir() which
>>   does not make use of weave ?

Sure it's possible so I just did it (current CVS updated).   It's only
the utilties of weave that were used.  Specifically, the utilities in
weave/catalog.py

I just copied those functions over to Mplot.py

Perhaps we should refactor several of the file utility routines from
weave into scipy_base/fileutils.py  or something

-Travis O.