[SciPy-dev] Re: Another issue with scipy_distutils and FORTRAN files

Berthold Höllmann hoel at gl-group.com
Tue Mar 30 04:42:04 CST 2004

Pearu Peterson <pearu at scipy.org> writes:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, [ISO-8859-15] Berthold Höllmann wrote:
>
>> Our FORTRAN code often uses "include" statements. The FORTRAN compiler
>> we use (DF 6.1, ifc 7.1,  WorkShop 6 update 2 Fortran) recognize the
>> -I flag for pointing to an include directory. I seems scipy_distutils
>> have lost the ability to regognize the "include_dirs" argument to
>> "Extensions". The compiler does not find the include files anymore.
>
> Hmm, I just checked and I could not reproduce this: paths in
> the include_dirs keyword argument of an Extension class are shown
> in `compile options:`. Try for example
>
>   cd scipy_distutils/tests/f2py_f90_ext
>   python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=intel build
>
> after updating/installing scipy_core and f2py from CVS.
>
> However, f2py was not able to find the include files. This is now fixed
> in f2py CVS.

I have no idea what went wrong here, but now it works,

Kind regards

Berthold Höllmann
--
Germanischer Lloyd AG
CAE Development
e-mail: hoel at gl-group.com
Internet: http://www.gl-group.com

This e-mail contains confidential information for the exclusive attention of the intended addressee. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as copying, distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of errors, interruption etc.