[SciPy-dev] bdist_rpm failure with latest scipy (and f2py) from CVS

Vincent N. Virgilio virgilio at ieee.org
Sun May 9 16:03:31 CDT 2004

Hello,

This is my first time trying to build scipy from CVS. My platform is
RedHat 8.0.

I followed the build instructions on the scipy website.

During my attempt to package f2py, "python2.3 setup.py bdist_rpm" failed
at the end, complaining that some installed files were not packaged.
Fine. So I issued "python setup.py install" instead; success.

Then I tried to package scipy. I issued "python2.3 setup.py bdist_rpm",
and got a similar failure as in f2py. It seems that atlas_version.so
gets built in "site-packages" and not "site-packages/...linalg". RPM
complains "installed but not packaged". No amount of fiddling with
setup_linalg.py or setup_atlas_version.py could change this. I am in
over my head.

Have others seen this error? Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Vince Virgilio