[SciPy-dev] scipy cow and proc.py

Virgilio, Vincent Vincent.Virgilio at itt.com
Thu May 13 10:15:27 CDT 2004

Well I'm not surprised. I don't know how to reliably track the /proc
filesystem in Linux. Which, anyway, leaves Windows out in the cold.

In fact, I don't know anything about how Python handles such portability
issues. In Cygwin (Windows, of course), there is the glue layer in
cygwin1.dll, which provides a canonical POSIX interface. Might there be
something similar in the Python core release, which can be imitated and
extended in the direction of proc.py?

Eventually, I'll look closely at proc.py, as time permits (is that
qualified enough?). It'll be my first exposure to such Pythonic things.

Vince Virgilio

This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.