[SciPy-dev] gui_thread issue

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Mon Nov 8 07:37:08 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Pearu Peterson wrote:

>>    >> In gui_thread/wxBackgroundApp.py
>>    >> 95 finished.wait(0.5)
>>
>>    PP> 002021000010022020010320012120220212022424204202502..
>>
>> I guess you must have tried increasing the wait time from 0.5 to 2 or
>> something?
>
> Nope. During this sequence nothing was changed in gui_thread.
> However, playing with wait time some time made success more frequent
> but then again there appeared crashes.. Sure, I could try to find an optimal
> wait time but I suspect this will not be constant and does not solve the
> problem.
>
> I would be interested if this isssue is related only to my box or do other
> people experience similar problems?

I tried wx  2.4.2.4 demos on another Debian sid box and there the testing
sequence is

2000000000000000..

I don't know why the first result is 2 that appeared just after unpacking
wxPyhtonDemo. I could not reproduce it by `rm *.pyc` nor  by `rm -rf
demo/`  and unpacking demo again.  Now the sequence remains 000...
Btw, in my  1st Debian box I was runnin g xorg, I'll try  X11 again
to see if  the issue  was due to  xorg.

Pearu