[SciPy-dev] wgnuplot.exe dependency in 0.3.2

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Nov 10 11:46:22 CST 2004

Joe Cooper schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on the next revision of Enthon today, and it looks like
> wgnuplot.exe has been introduced as a dependency of SciPy on Windows
> without being documented anywhere.  Someone else ran into this last
> month, but there were no responses.

This is not a reply, but rather a question related to ipython and Enthon.  In
the past, people have asked (https://www.enthought.com/roundup/enthon/issue5)
about including ipython in Enthon, and I was under the impression that
Enthought was OK with that idea (at least per the comments at the above URL).

The current ipython release (http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/) works very well
with Windows, as long as the three dependencies listed here:

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/node2.html#sub:Under-Windows

are provided.  I think Enthon already includes pywin32 and ctypes, so it would
be just a matter of adding unc-readline, which is a 20k zip file (or an 80k
windows installer).  Would you guys be willing to start shipping ipython with
Enthon?

Doing this would fit the direction the ASP project is moving in, and I'd
obviously be delighted to see it done :)  If you agree, and there's anything
on my side that you need, just let me know.

Best,