[SciPy-dev] wgnuplot.exe dependency in 0.3.2

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Wed Nov 10 12:03:38 CST 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> Would you guys be willing to start
> shipping ipython with Enthon?

iPython is going into the next release of Enthon this week, and will
remain for as long as iPython works on Windows.  It was decided long
ago, but this is the first new release of Enthon in a while.  Small and
easy to build packages like iPython don't make me itch.

gnuplot, on the other hand is a bear to build on Windows (mainly because
the MS and Ming makefiles are seemingly unmaintained) and quite
large...so I don't want to add it unless it is actually useful to people.

I'll holler if I have any problems with iPython.