[SciPy-dev] fdf package, looking for a better name

Charles Harris charles.harris at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Nov 10 13:17:38 CST 2004

Hi Pearu,

I developed some of these routines also and thought to put them under interpolation/fitting, as they are usually some sort of polynomial interpolation or splines. Pade would certainly fit in that category. I have a Lagrange interpolation routine to go with this also if you don't yet have one. Finite_differences or divided_differences seems like a good category to me. But then, I like long descriptive names.

Chuck