[SciPy-dev] Xplt problems

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Nov 11 15:01:44 CST 2004

Arnd Baecker wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Joe Cooper wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm working on the next revision of Enthon today, and it looks like
>>

>Sorry for throwing in another issue here:
>
>In October I send a mail concerning various issues with
>scipy.xplt,
>http://www.scipy.org/mailinglists/mailman?fn=scipy-dev/2004-October/002425.html
>
>Most importantly there are a couple of
>differences between Windows and Linux.
>It would be nice if these could get fixed before a new Enthon
>release for Windows is made.

I really appreciate this well documented list of problems.
Unfortunately, I don't know enough about gist to fix them quickly
(especially gist on the Windows side).  Have you cross posted these
comments to the pygist site?

It would take me a bit of time to track down these problems and fix them
and so they have sat unattended.   Most of the problems are not simple
Python fixes as far as I can tell.

>Of course it would also be great if some of the other
>xplt problems which apply both to Windows and linux could be solved
>(by some kind soul having more knowledge on pygist than me ;-).

I'm not sure who that is.  My experience is not huge and I'm don't know
anyone with more experience than me (except the original authors and a
handful of others none of whom are active on the scipy lists)

So, I'm writing to say sorry.  I don't think these issues will be
addressed before the next Enthon release...

-Travis O.