[SciPy-dev] pynotes

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Fri Nov 19 07:18:51 CST 2004

    AB> In any case, the "real" test is to run
    AB>   python test2.py
    AB> as this tests out several objects.  (It will only output the
    AB> resulting path, but that's the only crucial point).

    AB> - are there modules/objects where the approach fails?
    AB> (I would be very surprised if not ;-) - I am pretty certain
    AB> that one could overcome such problems

I ran the test2.py script and except for the linalg stuff, which is
probably broken on my machine, everything else works.  Debian, sarge.

importing Linalg gives me this error:

  File "/usr/local/stow/scipy/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/linalg/lapack.py", line 16, in ?
    import clapack
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so: undefined symbol: clapack_sgesv

Anyway, good luck!

cheers,
prabhu