[SciPy-dev] pynotes

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Fri Nov 19 12:38:41 CST 2004

    AB> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
[...]
    >> line 16, in ?  import clapack ImportError:
    >> /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so:
    >> undefined symbol: clapack_sgesv

    AB> Hmm, is stow causing problems here ?

Not a chance.

    AB> Anyway, I am using the scipy debian packages from deb
    AB> http://deb-scipy.alioth.debian.org/apt/ ./

I build from CVS and install.  I suspect my atlas setup is somewhat
messed up.  I haven't had the chance to examine the problem in any
detail.

    AB> As you seem to have a couple of python things at non-standard
    AB> debian locations I would be interested in the full output of

Nope, they are all standard locations.  Stow stores packages inside
/usr/local/stow but the rest of the universe will see things right.

    AB> python test2.py (off-list mail to me would be great).  Note

FWIW, I'll do that and send you the output.

cheers,
prabhu