[SciPy-dev] gui_thread and wxPython-2.5.2.8

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 1 15:53:34 CDT 2004

Pearu Peterson schrieb:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>

>>I think I'll check in my changes in a little while.  Please do test it
>>out and let me know if there are problems.  I'm particularly
>>interested in other platforms, Windows, Mac and also wxPython-2.4.x.
>>
>>Here is a simple test you can run:
>>
>>import gui_thread
>>gui_thread.start()
>>from gui_thread.examples import SimpleFrame
>>a = SimpleFrame()
>>a.Show()
>>a.SetTitle('Hey! this works!')
>

> With the patch that I just commited to CVS this example works
> with wxPython-2.4.x. However there seems to be still some issues.
> For example, adding
>
>    b = SimpleFrame()
>
> to the simple test will segfault Python.
> Or, when closing the frame and then running
>
>    a = SimpleFrame()
>
> again will hang Python.

Somewhat similar results here, but not identical.  I can add/show a few more
frames and it seems to work for a while (add, .Show(), close, etc).  But
eventually I do get a segfault.  It happens eventually, but not necessarily on
the 2nd (or third...) try always.  Again, this is under wxpython 2.4.

Cheers,