[SciPy-dev] gui_thread and wxPython-2.5.2.8

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Oct 1 16:01:31 CDT 2004

    PP> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

    PP> With the patch that I just commited to CVS this example works
    PP> with wxPython-2.4.x. However there seems to be still some
    PP> issues.  For example, adding

    PP>    b = SimpleFrame()

    PP> to the simple test will segfault Python.  Or, when closing the
    PP> frame and then running

    PP>    a = SimpleFrame()

    PP> again will hang Python.

    PP> Does this happen also with wx-2.5?

Hmm, thats very strange.  I don't get this error on 2.5.x *but* on any
complex application I do get hard to debug, wierd and random errors.
So it appears that all is not well.  Also, does wxPython-2.4.x have a
'wx/' directory in sys.path?  If that is not the case, _import_wx_core
should never be called and the errors Fernando or you are seeing
should not show up since nothing should have changed in these cases
from the original behavior.  Unless the original behavior was itself
broken.

I'll try and check this stuff out on another machine tommorow.

cheers,
prabhu