[SciPy-dev] CVS build just failed

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Oct 12 12:53:44 CDT 2004

Pearu Peterson schrieb:

> scipy_distutils/fcompiler.py looks for the following environment
> variables ( see customize method):
>    F77, F90, F77FLAGS, F90FLAGS, FREEFLAGS, FOPT, FARCH, FDEBUG, FFLAGS,
> LDSHARED, LDFLAGS, RANLIB, ARFLAGS

FFLAGS was the culprit!  As I said, this was on a friend's machine using his
user account for the build, and he had some explicit FFLAGS set to -Vaxlib...
for jobs with the intel compiler.  This threw scipy_distutils for a loop, I guess.

Many thanks for your help.  I don't really know if there is a sensible way to
anticipate this for newbies like myself who are so prone to making plain dumb
mistakes...

Anyway, it's solved, and all tests pass happily with current CVS, Numeric 23.5
and ATLAS for Hyperthreaded P4 from scipy's ATLAS binaries page.

Best regards, and sorry for bothering with such a stupid error on my part.

Fernando.