[SciPy-dev] ASP: comments on the web site

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Oct 28 12:34:41 CDT 2004

    JH> Things have been quiet since we posted the ASP RFC, at least
    JH> on the concerns it raised.  It really is a request for your
    JH> comments, and not just a private plan of Perry's and mine.
    JH> Success in this area will require everyone's participation,
    JH> even if it's just evaluating what others have done or said and
    JH> expressing your opinions on this list.  All we're asking for
    JH> at this point is for you to read the RFC, make some comments
    JH> in email, and help populate some wiki pages with links and
    JH> concerns.  If you're willing to do real work later, we're also
    JH> asking for you to sign up in the area you can work in.

General comments: The ideas sounded very good and quite comprehensive
and I really did not have much to say.  The only problem was how do we
get people involved.  Unfortunately, I have no good solutions for
that.  All the people I know already spend quite a bit of their spare
time writing the various pieces of software.

As regards links to useful software, I sent in a bunch of links to
Fernando after the conference.  I'm not sure what happened.

Why not have a catch all links page with all the links locally sorted
into simple categories.  Its easier to do it that way rather than
manage the links from different places.  What do you think?

cheers,
prabhu