[SciPy-dev] Scipy for Numarray

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:33:15 CDT 2004

> > 3) The most tricky part of getting numarray+scipy to work seems to
> > be building scipy_base against numarray as scipy_base extension modules
> > are very much Numeric specific.
> >

> Yeah, I've started browsing these. I'm going to try to make the
> special functions numarray compatible
> in the near future (I want them), and that is why I am raising the
> issue now.

I started looking at special/cephes yesterday since it uses the Numeric
ufunc C-API.  I used the numarray code generation capabilities to create
ufuncs for some/most of the cephes (cephes library proper) unary and
binary functions.  I've also started looking at adding n-ary ufuncs to
numarray, but that's still a ways off.  So,  I have some preliminary
cephes functions you can look over and try out if you want, and in any
case,  I'm looking at the special functions too.

Todd