[SciPy-dev] MCMC, Kalman Filtering, AI for SciPy?

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Thu Sep 30 14:52:50 CDT 2004

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, eric jones wrote:
>
>>> Should we release Scipy 0.3.2 before the transition to SVN?
>>

>> Seems like a good idea to do a final release with all that you,
>> Travis O., and others have added before we make any of the big
>> changes we're all discussing.
>>
>> Do you have time to do the tag/build/release process?  If so, what is
>> the timeline for doing so? Of course, we should get some testing
>> feedback on the main platforms with the current CVS before doing
>> this.  Besides that, does anyone have any specific (small) things to
>> address before we do so?  If so, what is the timeframe?
>

> I am currently running scipy build/install/test on different systems that
> I have access to, they are Debian, Gentoo, WinNT with
> cygwin,mingw32,msvc.
> It should take a day if there will be no major bugs to be fixed.
> [On 64bit gentoo there are currently 12 failures and 2 errors in
> scipy.test().]
> After that I could start the scipy release process. Once we have
> tagged the  tree, we can start building the binaries.
>
> Travis O., do you have anything to commit that should go into 0.3.2?
>
> Prabhu wanted to add few examples to weave during the weekend. That is
> OK with me as it does not affect the build process.
>
> Now, if we could have SVN repository set up in scipy.org site then
> we could make the release by the end of this week. If setting up SVN
> repository takes more time then we can wait Prabhu patches and make
> the release once scipy.org SVN repository is up.

The SVN repository comes after the release, correct?  I was thinking
that we release using the CVS for one final time, and then switch the
codebase to SVN after that.

I'll defer to Joe on when the repository can be switched over.  He has
been out this week, so I'm guessing it is realistically next week.

eric