[SciPy-dev] kron function in scipy.linalg.basic

David Grant david.grant at telus.net
Wed Apr 6 21:22:49 CDT 2005

Re-posting to scipy-dev as it might be a bug.

I'm using the kron() function in scipy.linalg.basic but I get an error

I do this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py", line
506, in kron
    o = outerproduct(a,b)
NameError: global name 'outerproduct' is not defined

I cannot understand why outerproduct would not be imported in basic.py....

Doing a "from Numeric import outerproduct, concatenate" seems to fix the problem, but I haven't tested with any real numbers or anything. concatenate is missing as well.

Dave

--
David J. Grant
http://www.davidandnasha.ca