[SciPy-dev] SciPy.org brief outages planned

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Tue Apr 19 14:49:31 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm preparing to migrate SciPy.org to a new server, and so I will be
taking the SciPy.org community website offline for a few minutes a
couple of times over the next few days.  Given the current state of the
old system (Plone eats way more than her fair share of memory, leaving
the box slow and easily confused at time), it's likely no one will
notice these outages, but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up just in
case it takes longer than I expect.

Anyway, no other services should be adversely impacted at this time,
though there will be an hour or two of downtime when the final switch
occurs, as I'll need to shutdown everything to do the final rsync of
mail, web, and CVS data.  I do not have a firm schedule for when the big
switch will occur, but it is likely to be this week.

Thanks!