[SciPy-dev] SciPy SVN reorganization

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Tue Aug 16 18:39:32 CDT 2005

Hi all,

A concensus seems to have been reached on the re-organization of the
SciPy repository, and it also has been agreed that a new release will be
rolled immediately (or some approximation of immediately) based on the
old layout.  To that end I have tagged both scipy and scipy_core
repositories with a "pre_org" tag:

http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy_core/tags/pre_org/
http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/tags/pre_org/

The immediate release should be built from this tag.  If you need to
make changes, please branch this tag, and work on the branch.

I will not commit the re-organized repository until tomorrow, as I want
folks to have a chance to be aware of the changes and make any commits
they want to make before the re-organization.  The changes are sweeping
and /will/ certainly require a fresh checkout, as I'm moving scipy_core
into scipy...so one repo will disappear.  So, do whatever you have to do
/now/, or let me know that you need more time.  If anyone involved in
the release wants me to re-tag in a few hours after some commits, I can
probably do that too.

If anyone needs assistance with using branches or tags in Subversion
please let me know.